This spring was cold and damp, and we had a pretty pathetic spring garden. The summer garden is finally coming on, though, and the spring vegetables are finally producing. We've had radishes, lettuce, chard and spinach, and now the peas have pods. The zucchini bloomed for the first time yesterday, and there are some miniature peppers on a few plants. The beans, strawberry popcorn and eggplant seem to be thriving and I finally got the cucumbers in the ground on Monday. I even have a holy basil plant, some parsley and sweet-leaf basil plugging away, with some nasturtiums, cosmos, and marigolds. Oh, and the onions have been doing quite well since early this spring. Yippee!
1 comment:
Looks great! My pea pods are ready to pick, but the pods themselves are VERY tough. I'm wondering if this is from the heat, or if it's just the variety...
My lettuce is sad, so I'm giving up on it, but my spinach and chard are doing very well.
I'm jealous of your radishes!
Post a Comment