Last Saturday was the Pajarito Trail Fest. I ran the 10k, which has 1600 feet of elevation gain (and then loss), so "running" the race may be a bit of an overstatement. I jogged when I could and hiked the rest. I wasn't in as good of shape as I wanted to be in, but I finished it 5 minutes faster than my goal, so I guess that means I was successful. And as Aaron pointed out, I could still smile for the camera at the finish line, which means I must have had fun.
2 comments:
I know that you aren't 100% pleased with your results, but consider the fact that you are one of what, 50 people in Northern NM who ran the race. That's pretty awesome if you ask me.
You rock, Britton!
P.s. I just typed "rock" because I've had a couple glasses of wine--just in case you never hear me say that phrase again...
Post a Comment