Thursday, November 17, 2011

3 Little Pumpkins...

So these:


Became this:


We have enough pumpkin puree to last the winter, I think. And it makes good bread and pie (we've already tested it!). The little jars are for pumpkin pancakes, which are delicious on snowy Saturday mornings.

2 comments:

Katie B said...

Yum! Do you have a particular recipe you use for the pumpkin pancakes? If so, do you mind sharing? Also, did you know that pumpkin is considered a superfood. A little useful information... :) Happy Thanksgiving!

Britton said...

I use Martha Stewart's recipe for the pancakes: http://www.marthastewart.com/271839/pumpkin-pancakes. The only change is that I add more milk, so that they're a runnier consistency. Otherwise, they don't seem to get done in the middle. Since they only take 6 T. of pumpkin, it's always really awkward to make them, because then I have to do something with the rest of the can of pumpkin. This way, I've got it pre-measured and there's no waste! And that's fantastic that it's a superfood, because we all love eating it! I need to try a pumpkin soup recipe this winter, too.