My mom wanted an apron for Mother's Day, so I made her one. She will get it this week when we go to visit my parents this coming week.
It is based on the Emmeline Apron from Sew Liberated, though I have some changes to make if I do it again. It was really fun to figure out, and I used up some more of my stash of fabric that I've had for years. The Emmeline is reversible; this one is almost: I had to add the front pocket because the long darts in front poinked out instead laying flat. I suppose I could have added a pocket on the back and it could have been reversible. How funny would it be to have an apron that was reversible but looked the same on both sides!
I picked up the dress form at a garage sale for $10 a few weeks ago. I love it!
No comments:
Post a Comment