She said she liked earthy colors, so I used these yellows, reds, and greens. The fabric is April Cornell and had some great turquoise in it, so I also used turquoise. They're a set of 6 with matching napkins. The napkins ended up a little smaller than planned because I didn't calculate quite right, but I was out of money for this project so that's just how they are. As I'm obsessed with reverse applique, I added the leaf shapes so I could have something to applique. I finally figured out why I love reverse applique, too: when cotton is done this way and then washed, it frays and wears wonderfully at the edges. It reminds me of the look of the look of holes in those old, loved jeans we all have. Apparently, I associate worn, frayed material with love...
And- yippee- I got my placemats in the mail today! I love them! They're wonderfully bright and fun. And now I want new dishes to match! Here they are on my dining room table with fresh flowers from the garden:
3 comments:
Your place mats turned out well. You have that little flare to make your projects unique and one of a kind. It is a real talent to take material and see a feature in it and make something very special out of it. Mary Belle
Thank you, Mary Belle!
I'm glad you like the placemats! They look great on your table!
Post a Comment