And, perhaps it's the drought, or perhaps it's our charming personalities.... I had a Day of the Critters earlier this week. First, I finally found the big, nasty tomato horn worm that has been terrorizing one of the tomato plants. I had to pull it off the plant since it was obviously not ready to give up its tasty buffet, and its suckers were dang powerful. The bugger was over 3 inches long, and about and inch in diameter. It was also very squishy (shudder). Later, as Rhys and I were coming in the back door, a 2 foot snake slithered inside in front of us and went straight under the china cabinet. I intellectually love and understand snakes, and I knew this one was harmless, but I still squealed a little and shied away from the china cabinet at first. Aaron came home less than 10 minutes after the little snake came in the house, and by chance, he (the snake) decided he maybe didn't want to live inside after all and made a break for the door again. Unfortunately, he couldn't figure out the sliding glass door... Aaron caught him, and we got a good look at him.
Finally, I found a mouse in the drawer underneath the oven. And I squealed . I caught it in a big yogurt container, out of which he promptly jumped (no mean feat for a mouse the size of a small avacado seed inside a container with walls at least 5 times his size), landed on the floor and ran out the door (thank goodness it was cracked open wide enough). I squealed again.
No comments:
Post a Comment