Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Back in the saddle- 5 months later

Well, I'm back. And 6 months pregnant. Which explains a lot, actually.

I don't do early pregnancy well.

I managed to complete some projects, though most of them after December when I was (finally!) feeling better. I had big plans for making lots of Christmas presents, but ended up buying or skipping or owing presents instead. My hubby did get a crocheted wool hat, which he seems to like a lot- if I took a random picture of him, he'd probably be wearing it.

A list of things I've finished:
  • 1 pillow for the couch (with doilies)
  • 1 pink crocheted scarf for my cousin
  • 1 absolutely adorable crocheted wool hat for Rhys (that's now lost somewhere)
  • 3 lentil bags (I was out of dried beans)
  • 1 crocheted hat for my hubby
  • 1 crocheted hat for me
  • 1 very soft pillow case for me
  • 1 "heaty"- a rice filled bag to warm in the microwave and put on sore body parts or cold feet
  • 2 green and black fancy pillow cases for the bed
  • 3 toy bags (more on this later)
  • 3 shirts for me (more on this later)
  • 1 skirt for me (more on this later)
  • 1 crocheted hat for my mom (picture below)
I guess that's not too bad considering my son and I watched more t.v. in September and October than I thought possible. I spent most of those two months nauseous on the couch.

Mom's hat (with her modeling it):

I liked it so well- and it was so quick to do- that I made one for myself out of warmer colors. It's pretty comfy, if not really warm, too. I made a flower for Mom's hat and wasn't thrilled with the result, but she added it to the hat, and I think it was a good addition. I may do the same for mine someday.

No comments: