Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Updates

Lotion: Still not really satisfied yet. I warmed and re-blended the lotion in the hopes it might emulsify (?), but it still didn't work. A pharmacist friend of mine sent me a bunch of info on "old-fashioned" body care product manufacturing. I'll have to look into it.

Sign language: Alanna now waves in the funniest way- she holds her fist straight up, fingers toward her, and opens and closes her fingers rapidly like she's squeezing something in her fist. And she can sign when she's sleepy and wants to nurse, and when she wants to drink some water. In ASL, "water" is signed by making a W with the fingers on your hand by holding your pinky and thumb together on your palm and then tapping your pointer finger on your chin. Alanna signs it by pressing her palm to her lips, fingers spread, and loudly sucking on her palm. It is so funny!

Granola: Excellent. I have to make more of it every week, which means it's tasty, but rather more time consuming than I'd like. Oh well. One must work for life's rewards, right?

One of Rhys's common phrases is "That would be good." As in, "Mommy, you need to go to the store [presumably that means I'll be gone for a while] and Daddy can pick me up from school. That would be good." Or, "After I play cars, I watch a movie. That would be good." He is also very keen on everything being his favorite. "This book is my favorite." "My favorite is yogurt."

We forgot the camera last weekend, but Rhys did his first trip on skis himself. They were the slip-onto-your-snowboot kind, and he was pretty psyched. I think he managed to go about 40 feet before it was just too much. In other words, he didn't make it out of the parking lot. But, he was psyched...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

HI. Did I tell you that Amy uses ASL with Kylah on words that she has a hard time remembering? Also uses ASL for words that sound the same but are different like write and right. It is very helpful to her.