Wednesday, February 16, 2011

(Belated) Chinese New Year

Last Monday was the Chinese New Year. I had intended to celebrate more, but a broken furnace waylaid my plans. All we did was burn the old prayer flags, hang new ones, and put these paper stars in the window. Red is a good luck color, but, well... the furnace broke. On the other hand, it was fixed pretty quickly and cheaply (yay warranty parts!), so maybe the red helped...



We still have the stars hanging in the windows, which is a cheery look as the light comes into the living room. I was trying to remember what the new year is in the Chinese calendar, but can't remember since I did all my research last week. May it be a prosperous one for everyone anyway.

Happy Chinese New Year!

1 comment:

Katie B said...

Beautiful pictures (I especially like the wood stove)! I'm pretty sure that it's the year of the rabbit...