The following are the actual conversations Rhys initiated with me yesterday.
Scene One: Around 9 am, in the kitchen.
Rhys: I will fight Daddy. Then I will marry you, Mommy.
Me: Um, okay...
(This was prompted by Rhys's recent fascination with growing up, and well, I guess his plans include keeping me around. This isn't his first proposal. However, the details were sparked by a previous declaration of his intention to marry me and Aaron's retort: "Well, you'll have to fight me for her.")
Scene Two: Around 7:30 pm, Rhys and I were laying in his bed after reading stories for bedtime.
Rhys: When I grow up I'm going to ride Daddy's bike and you can ride your bike. When we're married.
Me: Okay...
Rhys: And we can have a baby. She'll be a girl. I'll call her Rhys.
Me: Uh-huh.
Rhys: And you can make a girl baby to me. I'll make a boy baby to you.
Me: What will be the boy baby's name?
Rhys: Uuhhhh.... Rhy...Ala... uuhhhhh.... Jade! (A friend from school. But then I think he realized we're naming a boy baby, not a girl baby). Logan! (Another friend from school).
We were both silent for a bit, ruminating, I suppose upon this future.
Rhys: His name will be Tree-Man!
Me: Tree-Man?
Rhys: Mountain Climber Tree-Man.
So there you have it. He later informed me that he'll be grown up when he's sixty-hundred years old, so most of you will be dead when this happens. I, however, will be married to my son, riding my bike, and we'll be doting on our darling Mountain Climber Tree-Man.
(I hope other people find this as funny as I do. I'm laughing to myself so hard that my eyes are watering.
Or maybe those are tears of dismay...)
No comments:
Post a Comment