We ate yogurt sundaes this morning: Brown Cow Maple whole milk yogurt (a favorite) with choose-your-own toppings. This morning the toppings were apples pieces, fresh blueberries and walnuts. When I told the kids this dish was (around this house, anyway) known as a sundae, Rhys immediately remarked, "That's because it's Sunday!" Alanna ate two helpings, which is unusual for her and yogurt, and we all had a nice breakfast.
As we were eating, Rhys said, "Mommy, fruit is healthy for you, right?"
"Yep," I replied.
"And vegetables?"
"Even more healthy than fruit!"
"What about nuts?"
"They're healthy, too- they have something called omega-3s in them that are good for your brain." (I think.)
"Oh! Then I'm going to put more walnuts on my yogurt so I can have more brain power today!"
Have a lovely Sunday!
(As a note, I don't think Rhys ate enough walnuts, however, because his brain doesn't seem to be operating at maximum capacity- his choices are somewhat, um, lacking in thoughtfulness so far this morning. Maybe it takes a while for that brain power to be fully realized... hopefully before he's in his 20s!)
No comments:
Post a Comment