Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Almost Springtime



We had an absolutely beautiful weekend, with highs near 70 degrees. I was missing having a fire going in the wood stove, but being outside and working in the sunshine in the yard was a good solution to that loss. Yesterday and today, however, the high temp has dropped– by a whole 10 degrees!– and it is overcast and windy. Even though it seems like it's a little warm to have a fire going, I've got it blazing! We turned down the thermostat over the winter, knowing that I could keep the fire going most of the time, so on days like today with no solar gain, it only gets up to 62 degrees in the house (with the help of the furnace). It's just a little too chilly to hang out in that temp, so... it's perfect to have a fire! An added bonus is that it will get up to 75 degrees in the living room this evening, so while Aaron and I are watching a movie or tying flies, or reading or talking, we will be very cozy. The ambiance is perfect with a fire, too.

No comments: