Recently, I got a phone call from school that Rhys was suffering from an ear ache, and that I needed to pick him up. Alanna and I were out running errands and were planning to meet Daddy for lunch, and we were hungry. But suddenly, I needed to pick up a sick boy and I had a grumpy girl in the backseat of the car– so I panicked: we went through the drive-thru at McDonald's. Now, I only go through the drive-thru in extreme circumstances: this one afternoon, and when I'm pregnant and don't have enough blood going to my brain. I've been a total of 4 times to a McDonald's in the last 7 years (and to be absolutely honest, once or twice we've gotten coffee inside an establishment). So, after getting three Happy Meals (one for me too) and picking up a sick kid (who had recently eaten lunch, but in my panic I forgot that little detail), I thought it would be good to have lunch when we got home. Instead, I was informed by my 6 year-old that he wasn't going to eat a Happy Meal because, "That stuff will kill you, Mom."
That's my boy.
And my daughter only ate the french fries. So the dog got a lot of treats that day.
As a note, we had to sit in line at the drive-thru so I had a chance to look up home remedies for ear aches because I really did not want to go to the doctor and have an automatic prescription for antibiotics handed to me. We spent some time that afternoon with warm compresses and warm garlic-infused olive oil drops, resting and watching movies. Just a few treatments that afternoon and evening, and another in the morning cleared Rhys's ear ache up, so we avoided antibiotics completely!
No comments:
Post a Comment