Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Ski Hill

For our nature hike this week, we spent a couple of gorgeous hours at the ski hill. We all enjoyed it immensely, and we may go back there again next week. I found several patches of wild strawberries that are just now blooming or starting to set fruit, so we'll have to go back to take advantage of the yumminess in the next couple of weeks!

I believe this is a seed pod from the aspens. They were covered in purple flowers


Piles of pika (marmot?) poo covered this rock. A lovely place to poo, I guess!


Alann requested a photo of herself looking exactly like is. She described it beforehand, climbed up to this spot on the poo rock, and posed, just like she said she was going to.


I harvested scads of dandelion heads, and the bees were busy too. We had dandelion fritters for dinner, and oh my goodness!!! They were sooooo good!



We saw lots of tent caterpillars crawling around, but couldn't find any of their tents.











No comments: