Since my wardrobe has gotten more and more limited as my belly has gotten bigger, I, naturally, have wanted to wear things that just won't fit me so well. I made this cute skirt a while ago, but haven't worn it yet. It has a drawstring waist so that I didn't have to deal with a zipper and a more fitted option, and it currently fits great on my hips under my belly. However, i don't have a shirt that matches that's long enough! My belly hangs out under a regular shirt and since the waist is so low, I actually show off quite a bit of skin. I was really happy with how easy this was: it is two layers of cotton fabric with bias tape hemming the bottom layer and a lacy/rick-racky edging on the hem of the top layer. I used the instructions from the Sew What? Skirts book I got last year for Christmas. I hope/plan to make more of the same sort of simple a-line skirts, but have decided to hold off until after pregnancy so that my measurements are more accurate. If only the weather were warm enough to go without leggings or tights!
Friday, February 6, 2009
Two-Tiered Skirt
Since my wardrobe has gotten more and more limited as my belly has gotten bigger, I, naturally, have wanted to wear things that just won't fit me so well. I made this cute skirt a while ago, but haven't worn it yet. It has a drawstring waist so that I didn't have to deal with a zipper and a more fitted option, and it currently fits great on my hips under my belly. However, i don't have a shirt that matches that's long enough! My belly hangs out under a regular shirt and since the waist is so low, I actually show off quite a bit of skin. I was really happy with how easy this was: it is two layers of cotton fabric with bias tape hemming the bottom layer and a lacy/rick-racky edging on the hem of the top layer. I used the instructions from the Sew What? Skirts book I got last year for Christmas. I hope/plan to make more of the same sort of simple a-line skirts, but have decided to hold off until after pregnancy so that my measurements are more accurate. If only the weather were warm enough to go without leggings or tights!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment