Even though this may seem sad and dorky to some, I'm very, very thrilled today. I got a new food processor! My old one broke not long ago, and it was rather limited in its functions, anyway- it didn't have the grater or slicer (it was a hand-me-down). However, I got a lot of use out of it for everything from soups to pie crusts to pesto. In my opinion, a food processor is the kitchen appliance any serious chef/cook/mom should definitely not be without.
After the old one broke, I rushed down to Bed, Bath and Beyond to get a new one. I figured I could only afford the cheapest one anyway, so there wasn't really any sense in prolonging the food processor hole in my life. When I got there, however, I discovered there was a rebate on the KitchenAid ones, which made me seriously look at the next step up of food processors. Well, then I decided I just HAD TO HAVE the next step up- and with good reason! It has a chopping blade, a dough blade, the grater, the slicer, and... a smaller bowl and blade so you can mix up small amounts of stuff (such as baby food!). Anyhoo, to make a pathetic story even longer, I finally got the 20% coupon that BBB puts out, and I have a new food processor!
Now I just need to decide what to use it for first...
No comments:
Post a Comment