Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Valentine's Present

My two guys are flying to see Grandma and Grandpa this weekend, leaving me alone on Valentine's- but with my first break in two and a half years! Other than an occasional 6 or 8 hours (once for a ski day and once for a wedding), Rhys and I have pretty much been in close company since he was born. Most of the time, that's fine; I am a happy stay-at-home mom, after all. I'm looking forward to nearly 5 days to myself, but I'm also dreading it. Will I get bored or lonely? Probably. Will it be worth it? I think so. Plus, I have a very active baby girl who does regular kicks, punches, and flips in my tummy to keep me thinking about family. And the dog is still here. He'll even get a walk every day. He will probably be the one who won't know what to do with himself without little hands getting in his personal space all the time!

I'm sending Rhys off with a new small toy bag (with a new Thomas the Tank Engine engine inside- shhh!). I'm playing with these cool fabric crayons right now. They draw like oil pastels on cotton cloth, and are set permanent simply by ironing over paper on the color. They're lots of fun!

My husband is getting a new album (a Grammy winner). And I forgot to say above that I've already got plans for almost every day that I'm "alone", including a prenatal massage, a birthday party, and a trip to Santa Fe with a friend. I just have to remember to take advantage of the time and take it easy, too.

No comments: