More gems from the mouth of a 3 1/2 year old:
....."Get your teeth out, Mommy!" said to me in order to get me to smile. It was followed by "Like this!" and a smile just like the one in the family photo in the previous post.
.....We woke up to a snowy day yesterday (and today, too). Rhys was watching it snow when he observed, "The sun didn't come out today, either!", referring to the cloudy, gray day, I assume.
.....Rhys was crawling and growling down the hallway. "What are you, Rhys, a lion?" "Nope. A bear. I eating a boy!" Slurping and chewing noises ensured. "Do you like to eat honey?" I asked, trying to direct the play down a more gentle path, as moms are wont to do. "No! I like eating boys. And kids!" And down the hall he continued.
....."It falled over, Mommy! It falled over upside-down!" Rhys had come out to the kitchen to tell me the fate of the spider he had been messing with on the floor in our bedroom. Earlier, he had been blowing on it and watching it change direction and run away. I told him not to touch it, and after it ran under the changing table, I figured we were all done with the spider. Rhys obviously wasn't done, and after it came out, he must have messed more with it, using one of Alanna's toys. So, when he informed me "It falled over!", he was referring to the now dead spider that had that very dead-spider look: on its back with its legs curled in to its body. We had a quick lesson on playing gently with things and I scooped it up in toilet paper and threw it away. I guess there are lessons everywhere.
2 comments:
HI. I am so glad you take the time to post the little everyday things that are so precious and I would other wise miss out on. Enjoyed the January letter. I have had nightmares about the shopping cart cover I made for Alanna. There are times when one should not follow the directions explicitly (which I did). If I had it to do over I would attch the "Little Pony print differently. I hope it works?! Mary Belle
Yeah- these blog posts are good for remembering these things! I need to see if I can publish them into a book. The shopping cart cover works great (we used it yesterday) but I'm using it differently than you said- I put it in the cart upside down from your instructions. It worked perfectly, though, and Alanna enjoyed the new perspective!
Post a Comment