Thursday, April 28, 2011

Spring Cleaning

I've been purging and cleaning since January, but only now have been able to face Alanna's room. Her room was originally my studio, then our studio, then a guest room, and then a baby's room. Now, it's a toddler's room, and she needs some room to store her clothes and toys. So, I've had to clean out my stuff. I'm still storing art supplies that I couldn't part with, and some crafting materials, but I cleaned out both the wardrobe (below) and about half of the stuff in the closet. It's been such a relief to just get rid of stuff I've been hanging onto for years (some things I moved here from Colorado 8 years ago and hadn't looked at since!). I'm still trying to purge more throughout the house, but it's a project that's ongoing and is only squeezed in between all the regular mom/chef/maid/dog runner/gardener/blogger things that go on. It feels good!


Before...
(Actually this is the photo we posted on Freecycle to get rid of the wardrobe, 
so it was empty. But know that it was full, full, full- 
and the play kitchen, the wardrobe AND the guest bed were 
all stacked together along this wall before!)

After!

Note: the Plywood thing on the wall is the underside of the guest bed that we fold down when we need to. It now has hooks and dress up things hanging on it.

No comments: