We have some lovely friends and neighbors who are adopting two boys. I'm planning to make each a pillow with his name on it, but have only completed one. I still have a week to complete the other. I'm still playing with applique- and I think I'm getting better. I had a heck of a time doing the pom-pom edging at the bottom, however. I didn't plan to add anything, but in my extreme aversion to hand sewing, I wanted to close and finish the pillow by machine. It was a disaster. I decided to add the pom-pom edging to cover up the icky sewing that I did to close the pillow... and six attempts later, I finally managed what you see. I had to rip it out, re-sew it, sew again, rip parts of it out, and zig-zag it twice. Now, it is compeletely obvious why one puts pillow edging on the inside/right side as you're sewing up the sides of a pillow. Lesson learned.
Saturday, April 12, 2008
Abera's Pillow
We have some lovely friends and neighbors who are adopting two boys. I'm planning to make each a pillow with his name on it, but have only completed one. I still have a week to complete the other. I'm still playing with applique- and I think I'm getting better. I had a heck of a time doing the pom-pom edging at the bottom, however. I didn't plan to add anything, but in my extreme aversion to hand sewing, I wanted to close and finish the pillow by machine. It was a disaster. I decided to add the pom-pom edging to cover up the icky sewing that I did to close the pillow... and six attempts later, I finally managed what you see. I had to rip it out, re-sew it, sew again, rip parts of it out, and zig-zag it twice. Now, it is compeletely obvious why one puts pillow edging on the inside/right side as you're sewing up the sides of a pillow. Lesson learned.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment