Friday, April 18, 2008

No camera!

My husband is gone for the weekend and took the camera with him. He's at a weekend-long bachelor party in Moab, UT, so I hope he takes some good pictures. He said they went back country skiing today and logged 1,000 feet vertical, so there should be at least a few good photos. He called just a few minutes ago, and said they'd just gotten out the keg...

Anyhoo- I don't have a camera, but I have projects I've finished and want to talk about! First of all, I finished the companion pillow for our neighbor's new adopted children. I don't really need to take a picture of it since it pretty much looks like Abera's (except it says "Wake" and is green instead of blue. Oh, and the pom-pom edging was done correctly). They all come home tomorrow, so I wanted to make sure it was done and at their house, so I won't be able to take a picture of it.

The second project was a Pleated Beauty bag from Amy Karol's Bend the Rules Sewing. I joined a bag swap so I have to make a Pleated Beauty to send to someone. It's doubtful my recipient is reading this, but I'll leave off the specifics so she won't know what it will look like. However, before making her bag, I decided to make a "practice" bag. Other than the multiple options for cursing and the large amount of time spent ripping out some seams (someone else in the swap referred to it as "The Pleated Beast" on her blog), it turned out well enough to give to a friend, Tricia. Tricia was leaving for a three week trip this morning, though, so I had to give it to her yesterday (sans photograph since I didn't have the camera. Just in case you hadn't figured out the theme of this post...) The good thing was, I learned a lot by doing the "practice" bag. The bad thing is, I no longer have it to refer to! Actually, I received my bag from my swap partner on Thursday, so I can refer to it. It's a beauty, too! When I get the camera back, I may post a picture of it.

No comments: