Friday, April 11, 2008

Here we go...

Well, I've decided to join the gazillions of others out there and do my own blog. As if anyone is reading it! For those of you who have seen our family web page, this new blog is a result of that. The family pages are still there so that we can share what's going on with us here in New Mexico, but I'm doing this blog to concentrate on my own projects. I admit it, I'm a little embarrassed about my diatribe about holidays on that site, and didn't feel it was really appropriate for a family blog. The only people reading those other pages are grandparents and my husband, anyway, so I'm going to stick to stuff about the baby there. I was also getting really wordy, so I'm trying to be short and to the point. This is my space.

And, here's a project:



I'm having delusional fantasies about crafting and selling my work. I'm practicing with tote bags and purses. Here's one I made for a friend- I was focusing on the appliqued bird and mixing fabric patterns I wouldn't ordinarily put together. I'm still struggling with putting together patterns and colors that don't "match" but rather "go" with eachother. I guess I'll keep practicing!

More photos:


No comments: