We started basic baby sign language with Alanna a couple of months ago, and have just seen her first signs in the last couple of days. Right now she only has two clear ones: "all done" and "more" relating to mealtimes. She also seems to be on the verge of waving, as she does a sort of backhand salute to Daddy as he heads off to work. And she perhaps is also blowing kisses by putting her palm up to her mouth and looking darn cute (we're not sure if she's actually doing this one since she's not predictable yet). I'm pretty excited! We signed with Rhys, too, and it was a wonderful tool to have for communication. I don't remember how many signs Rhys used, but I learned over 50 in part because I'm interested in ASL anyway. If you wanted to have a conversation in signs about the farm or animals or our daily baby schedule, I could tell you all about it! Right now, I keep an ASL video dictionary bookmarked so I can look up new signs as we need them.
Here is Alanna demonstrating that she is all done with her yogurt lunch!
1 comment:
What I remember with Rhys is that the sign language really cut down on whining. He could tell you (and was excited to tell you) what he wanted and what he meant.
Post a Comment