We spent a couple of days in Pagosa Springs, CO and had a wonderful time. It was wintry and our cabin was toasty. We walked around town and ate ice cream cones, just because Daddy and Rhys are suckers for ice cream, no matter the weather. We also went for a spectacular cross-countyski using a new-used sled we picked up from my Uncle Paul (thank you!!) after having breakfast with him. The snow was thick and fluffy, and it continued to snow gently on us as we skiied. We were the only ones on the trail, too. It was absolutely lovely.
Our skiing odyssey:
.....Rhys evidently thinks the sled is as much fun as we do.....
.....Daddy hauls Rhys behind him (Rhys giggled while
dragging his mittened hand through the snow).....
.....The wintry trail ahead of us.....
.....Rhys was pretty cozy in the sled as he napped.....
.....My self-portrait of Alanna and me.....
.....Scoping the scene– we had two asleep kids so we
wanted to go farther than originally planned.
We decided to summit the (small) hill in front of Aaron.....
.....Alanna and I gear up. Alanna snored pretty loudly the whole time.....
.....Descending the (small) summit.....
4 comments:
Britt made it sound like she strong-arms me into reading her blog--not so! I enjoy her take on our family outings, and it gives me a chance to experience some of the things that go on while I'm at work.
Comment on her book list: I'm currently reading "The Ominivore's Dilemma" and it is changing the way I think about food. I highly recommend it.
Rhys looks so cute passed out in the sled!!!!! Looks like you guys had a lot of fun!
Great pictures--I just love all the snow! Plus, I'm a sucker for sleeping kiddos! :)
Post a Comment